Why do we collect your personal information?
If we ask you for personal data, you can be certain that we have a good reason to!
Carefree originated from a desire to support unpaid carers and to provide them with the breaks they deserve. Due to this, we need to collect information such as your contact details in order to communicate with you. With this personal information*, we can work out how best to get in touch and whether you prefer to be contacted under specific circumstances. If you’re a carer, we store your data so that once your break is completed we can compare your information with other carers to evaluate our performance and report back to our donors. Others uses for your information may be:
- To identify your eligibility for a carer break
- Providing any information or services you have requested to process your accommodation booking
- Processing financial transactions such as donations or registration payments. This includes processing gift aid with HMRC if relevant.
- Keeping a record of any communications or interactions between us and you, for example emails and phone calls
- To gather feedback on your stay and measure the social impact of our operation
- Researching the interests, behaviours, demographics (for example, age, sex, income), and trends of the people who are using our information, and range of services, both support and non-support related. We may ask if you wish to take part in more research, such as surveys or focus groups, but this will be voluntary (your choice).
- Creating a profile of what we think might interest you, so that we can offer you relevant communications. We may use your previous communication with us to try and predict how you may respond to different activities.
- Getting more information about you from third parties, such as your age, telephone number, email address, or new address if you move. This helps us keep our records up to date, ensuring we continue to send you the most relevant communications – if you have chosen to receive them
- Responding to complaints or queries and to look into any legal claims.
Your time with Carefree can be as long as you desire but we will need to store your personal data for the duration of your stay.
*Personal information is any information that may be used to identify you, such as your name, telephone number, postal and email addresses and bank details if you are supporting us financially.
What do we do with sensitive information?
Why do we share your information?
Carefree is a charity involved with multiple organisations and individuals. For carers, one of the most important organisations we work with is your Carer Support Organisation or associated referral organisation. We also work with numerous accommodation providers to facilitate free breaks. Due to this, we may have to share your information to deliver a service.
However, we will only allow these organisations to access data which is necessary for the required task. We will also ensure that these organisations value the importance of your data to the same extent that we do.
We will share personal information with companies, organisations or individuals outside of Carefree if we strongly believe that access, use, storing or sharing of the information is reasonably necessary to:
- meet any relevant law, regulation, legal process or lawful governmental request
- put in force relevant terms of service, including investigation of potential violations
- detect, prevent or otherwise address fraud, security or technical issues
- protect against harm to the rights, property or safety of Carefree, the people we support or the public, as required or permitted by law.
For example, in practice this may be:
- Holiday accommodation providers: to enable us to confirm holiday bookings on the carer’s behalf
- Philanthropic donors: to evaluate and report on the public benefit generated through ou operation and achievement of our charitable objects.
- Carer referral organisations: to validate carer eligibility for donated holiday breaks and supporting the welfare and safeguarding of carers we engage with.
IT support providers:to ensure the smooth running of our booking platform and the secure processing of our data.We want to keep helping carers and sharing the impact of our work is very important for achieving this goal. From time to time we will create marketing materials which can contain information such as quotations from the feedback you provide to us. We will only do this when you have provided consent for us to do so. In some cases you may be asked to participate in a video or to have your photo taken. Once again, we will request your consent for this to occur and details will be provided for the use of such media.
How long do we store your data?
We will hold your information for 10 years or for as long as you have an active relationship with Carefree.
How you can access your personal information:
You can access the personal information we hold. To get a copy of this, please write to us at:
6 Aulton Place
Or contact us on our email:
We try our best to respond to all enquiries within five working days of receiving them, and will offer a full response to all information access requests within one month.
How do we store your data?
We store your data in a secure platform with permission granted only to those who have an absolute necessity to access it. We regularly review who is able to access your data and ensure that we delete information that is no longer required.
The data will not leave the EU.
Can I refuse to agree to any of these conditions?
You are entitled to refuse to agree all of these conditions. However, if you do so it may reduce our ability to provide a service to you.
What else can I do?
While we only share information with other organisations on a specific basis, it is always a good idea to check the terms and conditions of other websites in addition to their privacy terms.
Do you have any questions?
If you have any questions about our privacy notice please email us at:
Alternatively you can contact us via post at:
6 Aulton Place